But I watched a show on Obesity and our future generation the other day that had me in tears after about 10 minutes.
I was a big teenager, kid, and adult for sometime....I am getting to the Skinny Under My Fat. But she had a exercise where the kids stood before mom or dad and told them I hate...and they screamed off things they hated.
One beautiful girl who I wanted to just email Oprah and say give me her name number I want to call her and meet her and give her a huge hug and tell her it will be ok.
She screamed to her mom I hate that you are my best friend, my only friend. I hate that I don't have a father, I hate that you think you did this (as she waved her hands up and down her body) to me.
A boy screamed I hate that you and dad got a divorce, I hate that he remarried someone, I hate that I put a knife to my neck to kill myself.
It got me to thinking about my life until this point. It seemed theraputic so here goes my I hate...
- That I weighed 130 lbs in the 3rd grade
- That my thighs and ass are so big that my thighs rub together
- When looking in the mirror I can see the skinny person in me but no one else can
- my prom dress that was made because I couldn't find one in my size that was cute and not grandma looking
- Settling for boys that were no good
- Staying in volatile relationships because I thought I couldn't do better
- That I ever passed 300 lbs
- That I feel that my children have picked up my bad habits of eating the wrong foods
- When my little girl watches what I eat and refuses to eat something saying it will make her fat too so she doesn't want to eat it
- Not feeling comfortable in my own skin
- Not being able to run around the block with my kids
- Giving up on activities I used to love skiing, swimming and really enjoying it not worrying people were watching the beached whale get back in the water
- Not feeling sexy anymore no matter how much my husband tells me how much he loves me
- That my arms and thighs can literally clap as if they were my hands ughh
Tomorrow is my weigh in wish me luck!