Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mya WON!!!!

We are thrilled to announce the following:
Mya won
1st Place for the balance beam
4th Place for the Uneven Bars
5th Place for the Vault
4th Place OVERALL out of 36 girls in her age group!

Her floor routine had some steps in it if she would have had her deducted 1.2 pts she would have won the overall in 1st place her coach told us. It seems that the routine they were taught they had them stepping between jumps and they are not allowed so the judges took off for that....but that is ok with us it is a great learning lesson for her. She got 3 ribbons and 1 gold medal. She is so excited and we are so proud of her. She wasn't nervous and she did it all great. I have included the video of her 1st place balance beam routine!

I am staying on point today and when we got home I went to the gym. I worked out on the eliptical for 25 minutes burned 250 calories, did the bike for 4 miles burned 125 calories and walked a mile and that burned 200 more calories so 575 calories total I burned today. Oh and last night I was laying in bed and my husband who is so unsure what to say to me about my weight loss turned and said to me as he got up to get a drink OMG you are so small....I said what? and he said no really I see a huge change all of a sudden in your stomach it is getting small. I said thanks....and after he left I of course stared at my stomach HAHA. While working out in the gym I used to look in disgust at my legs reflection back at me today I noticed my ankles are small and that my legs while still big are getting smaller and they aren't so bad to look at.

I must say that this summer I look forward to being able to wear shorts and a tee shirt and them not being Avenue or Lane Bryants drawstring cotton or elastic waist shorts!

4 comments:

CJ said...

I know you are so proud and you should be!! You should be proud or yourself too. Isn't nice to get those comments, just off the wall like that. Keep up the great work!

sarah sundae said...

Congrats to your daughter!! She did great.

And great job on the exercise!!

IdaR said...

Mya did great. I know you are so very proud of her! And you did great, too. Keep up the great work!

Kinder said...

Congrats to your girl!

And congrats on your shinking belly!