Sunday, December 21, 2008

People Changing

Ok so since I have lost this 50+ pounds I have noticed people changing. Is it because I am changing? Maybe I walk a little more confident, maybe it is the way I no longer look away when they talk to me how I hold eye contact with them? But I have been taken aback lately by the guys when I get to a stop sign how they stop and look, or the guys who beep as they drive by and wave, or even people that I have known for awhile how they look differently at me. It is complimentary but at the same time for someone who has been a look away type of person all her life it is a bit odd.

.....a true friend will lift you up along the way not find ways to knock you down. I am thankful for my true friends and even for the ones that have taught me life lessons.

I am up 3.8 lbs this week in weigh in but this is the 1st time I weighed in wearing jeans and a sweater....I had a function before weigh in and I couldn't get home to change. I anticipate this weigh in to be huge because I will be back in my tee and light pants. They said my jeans easily weigh 1-2 lbs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*sigh* It's sad how people change... my hubby and I had this long conversation just this am about people changing. I have a friend who I am walking away from as well. But yah know, the more I think about it, the more I think she isn't really changing. I think she's always been this way. I'm just not putting up with it any longer. Along the weight loss journey, we get strong and we grow and we don't take the crap off other people we used to any longer. It's a GREAT thing! I say, the true friend who are worth your while will still be there in the end. Whether it's by their choice or yours, the ones not worth it will be gone. GOOD FOR YOU for sticking up for your needs. Friendship is a 2 way street :)